Last Updated on August 7, 2022 by TJ Daniels, Certified Personal Trainer
If you don’t have any equipment at home to use for working out and you’re too busy to make it to the gym every day to use the equipment there, then you might think it’s impossible to get ripped.
But, this really isn’t the case, and you’ll be surprised to know it’s actually fairly simple to get ripped at home without using any sort of special equipment at all.
No different than other workout routines, it just requires you to be committed to your workouts on a consistent basis – ideally almost every day or every other day – and to start eating more healthily and packing your diet full of protein.
All of the exercises included in this article are a part of a tried and tested formula, so you can be reassured that trying them isn’t going to be a waste of your time, and you will be amazed at the positive results and improvements you will notice within only a few weeks.
The best part is that doing these exercises won’t take up too much of your day either, so you can still go about your normal daily routines and your work life without it getting in your way.
So, if you’re ready to get ripped by simply working out from home, read this article to find out how to do just that!
Body Weight Exercises
Body weight exercises are otherwise known as calisthenics exercises, and these are a great way to work out without needing to utilize any sort of equipment at all.
These types of exercises include well-known and popular exercises such as pushups, situps, pullups, squats, dips and lunges.
The more you get used to doing these, the more you can build up the intensity of each exercise, only giving yourself short rest periods between sets.
This will allow you to effectively burn fat while gaining muscle, which is the best thing you can possibly do if you want to end up getting ripped.
To achieve this, you should try to aim for doing around 50 or 100 repetitions of every exercise that you do in the space of a single workout, with the least amount of sets you can achieve it in and in the shortest amount of time that you possibly can.
Below are some of the best body weight exercises and how to do them.
- Planks – You can do this in an upright, starting push-up position or get into the top of a push-up position and then move your upper body to rest on your forearms, and simply hold that position for as long as you can.
- Push-ups – Begin with your palms just wider than shoulder width and then push down and back up again, continuing with this motion for as many repetitions as you can manage.
- Pull-ups – Stand under a bar with your hands on the bar in quite a wide position and then pull yourself up and back down again for as many repetitions as you can.
- Reverse crunches – For this you should lay on your back, resting your hands down by your sides, and then extend your legs straight while lifting them off the ground, eventually bringing them towards your chest and then back out again – repeat this motion for as many repetitions as you can.
- Torso rotations – Begin in the same position as you would with a push-up and then bend your knees so they’re facing your right hand side – hold this position and then rotate to your left hand side and keep on rotating sides as many times as you can.
- Squats – Put your legs shoulder width apart while keeping your weight on your heels and placing your hands behind your head. Keep your chest up, put your buttocks back, and lower yourself to the floor and then come back up again – repeat this for as many repetitions as you can.
- Lunges – Put your feet shoulder width apart with your arms held out in front of you and your elbows slightly bent, then step forward with one leg while bending your knee at a 90 degree angle and bring it back in to a standing position – rotate legs and do it for as many repetitions as you can.
- Glute bridges – Lay on your back while bending your knees at a 90 degree angle and keeping your feet flat on the ground, then lift your hips off the ground and hold that position and eventually come back down – carry on repeating this for as many times as you can endure.
- Calf Carver – Stand with your left foot raised off the ground by bending it at the knee with your toes pointed downwards, then lift your right heel up and off the ground, hold this position for a few seconds and bring it back down – rotate feet and carry on for as many repetitions as you’re able to complete.
Alongside the calisthenics exercises, it’s a brilliant idea to also use cardio exercises to burn the fat in your body so that you can become ripped. Cardio – or aerobic as they’re also known – exercises involve activities such as running or cycling.
It’s good to begin with an exercise like fast walking or cycling that lasts at about 30 minutes, after which you can increase the length of time that you do the exercise for or the intensity of the exercise that you do – so you could switch to running instead of speed walking, for example.
Interestingly, lower intensity exercises burn a higher percentage of fat calories but higher intensity exercises burn a larger number of calories in total, so both are technically good enough for you to be able to get ripped.
The last really important thing you can do to become ripped without using any equipment is to change up your eating habits and devise a good diet plan for you to follow every single day.
It’s best to eat around five or six little meals in a day, spacing them about three hours apart from each other.
This will lower your general appetite and your body will want to burn these smaller meals off constantly and quickly, which creates a higher metabolism, meaning your body is always burning calories and you burn more calories this way versus eating 3 large meals spread out over more time.
You also need to make sure your diet is rich in protein, complex carbohydrates, and healthy fat. Sometime it is best to add a whey protein shake to your diet to ensure you are achieving your proper protein intake.
If you don’t have any special gym equipment at home and you also don’t have the time – or the money – to go to the gym on a regular basis, then you might think that it would be impossible for you to get ripped.
However, this really isn’t the case and it’s easy to achieve at home by simply doing bodyweight exercises, cardio exercises and incorporating a healthy and protein-rich diet plan that relies on eating small meals throughout the day rather than three big ones.
So, we hope this guide can be helpful to you and that you now know how to get ripped at home without any equipment whatsoever!
- How To Sneak A Workout In While Taking Care Of Your Baby - March 17, 2023
- How To Build Your Chest With Dumbbells [Guide] - February 9, 2023
- Can You Do Barbell Squats Every Day? [What You Need To Know] - January 14, 2023